½ cup granulated sugar + ¾ cup water
12 oz. fresh blood orange juice
1 oz. lime juice
2 oz. sage & ginger simple syrup, recipe follows
6 oz. Patrón Silver
4 oz. Triple Sec
Salt and lime for rimming the glass
1. In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water and heat on medium low until sugar dissolves.
2. Add in about 10 -15 sage leaves and about 6-8 quarter-sized slices of ginger.
3. Allow the mixture to gently simmer on low for about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn.
4. Strain the syrup into a heatproof container and allow to cool completely before using.
1. Combine all the ingredients in a cocktail mixing glass or pitcher and stir to combine.
2. Strain in to prepared glasses filled with crushed ice.
3. Garnish with sage leaves and a blood orange slice.