Spring has sprung and we have the perfect cocktail to celebrate
The sun has been making a regular appearance, garden parties have started and we can now say that Springtime is in full effect. British gardens are in bloom and green-fingered foodies can now start to enjoy the fruits of their labour. This garden inspired cocktail uses classic vegetable patch finds to create a refreshing tipple to be enjoyed in the spring sunshine.
3 oz Silver Tequila
2 oz Fresh lemon juice
2 oz Cucumber juice *see below
3/4 oz Honey black pepper syrup * see below
A few cracks of sea salt
2 Small Persian cucumbers
1/4 cup water
Honey Black Pepper Syrup
1 Tablespoon wildflower honey
1 Tablespoon water
A few cracks of black pepper
2 Cups ice cubes
Snap pea garnish
1. For the cumber juice puree chopped cucumber with water making sure to strain out any solids
2. For the honey pepper syrup heat the water and honey together for around 15 seconds. Make stir to combine. Then add a few cracks of fresh black pepper.
3. Add tequila, lemon juice, cucumber juice (from step 1), honey syrup (from step 2) and salt to a shaker with a few ice cubes and shake
4. Crush the ice if you haven't got crush ice and add it to the cup
7. Pour your cocktail over the ice
8. Garnish with mint, edible flowers, cucumber and peas.