Forget the Champagne reception this year and try out our festive cocktails!
It's Christmas and the festivities are in full swing! We have two cocktails to treat your guests to over the holiday season. Welcome everyone with our warm and fruity Christmas Sangria cocktail and end the night with our Vanilla Chai Old Fashioned.
1 bottle (750 ml) red wine
2 cups pomegranate or cranberry juice
1/2 cup apple cider
1/2 cup brandy
1/4 cup honey
Arils from 1 pomegranate
1 cup cranberries
1 green apple or green pear, chopped
1. Add fresh fruit to a large pitcher.
2. Combine all the remaining ingredients separately, then add to fresh fruit and stir to combine.
3. Refrigerate until cold.
The longer the sangria sits, the more flavor it will have. So if you wish your drink to have full flavour we recommend making it the night before or even a full day ahead.
Vanilla Chai Old Fashioned
4 chai tea bags
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
CHAI OLD FASHIONED
2 ounces (1/4 cup) bourbon
1 ounce lemon juice
1 dash orange bitters
1-2 ounces (2-4 tablespoons) chai tea syrup
Sparkling water, for topping
cinnamon and star anise, for serving (optional)
1. In a medium pot, bring 1 cup water to a boil.
2. Once boiling remove the pot from the heat, add the chai tea bags, cover and steep 10-15 minutes.
3. Remove the tea bags and add the maple syrup.
4. Bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 3-5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
5. Stir in the vanilla extract and allow to cool.
Keep in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine the bourbon, lemon juice, orange bitters, and 2 tablespoons of the chai syrup.
2. Shake to combine.
3. Strain into a glass.
4. If desired top with sparkling water and garnish with cinnamon and star anise.
Images via link & link.