It's Shrove Tuesday so here's a twist on this classic breakfast treat
We can't believe it's pancake day again! Honestly, it just Crêped up on us...
The activated charcoal trend is not over. You may have seen pizza bases, bao buns, breads and ice creams sporting this trending ingredient, but have you seen a Charcoal pancake?
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan with a little coconut oil. The pan needs to be quite hot around Gas Mark 6.
- Add the buckwheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla essence, maple, charcoal & water to a mixing bowl and mix on speed 2 for 30 seconds – minute to form a thick batter.
- Spoon the mixture a 1/4 cup ladle full at a time into the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes until the underside is firm.
- Carefully flip the pancakes and then cook for another minute or so until the pancakes are cooked through and slightly golden.
- To make the Forrest fruit compote; add the fruit, water & maple syrup to a saucepan and simmer on a medium heat until the fruit start to melt down.
- Top the pancakes with coconut yogurt, fruit compote and crunchy peanut butter.