International Waffle Day is around the corner so here's a mouth watering recipe for you to get your teeth into!
1. Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend on high for 30-40 seconds, until completely smooth.
2. Preheat your waffle maker then lightly grease with coconut oil.
3. Scoop a heaping 1/2 cup of batter into each quadrant of the waffle maker and close the lid. Cook for 2-3 minutes minutes or until the waffles are crisp.
4. Repeat with the remaining batter.
1. Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the bananas, cut side down, and fry for a few minutes. Meanwhile stir together the honey, cinnamon and vanilla.
3. Drizzle the spiced honey into the skillet and allow it to bubble and coat the bananas. Cook for a few more minutes until the bananas are golden brown, then remove from the heat.
4. Serve your waffles topped with the caramelised bananas, peanut butter and maple syrup.
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled slightly
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/2 cup almond milk
1 1/2 tablespoons instant coffee or espresso powder
1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
1 1/4 cups almond meal
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 bananas, peeled and sliced length wise
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
peanut butter for serving