9 Day Sustainability Summit at Lancaster House
e were honoured to be appointed caterer at the IBM Summit 'Start Initiative' held at the prestigious Lancaster House; a series of one-day events focusing on issues such as smarter supply chains, transport, skills and energy.
The event was held over a 9 day period during HRH the Prince of Wales 'Project Start' Royal tour, aiming to help people across the UK understand why and how to lead more sustainable lives.
Under strict food sourcing guidelines, creat
e tasked their Corporate Social Responsibility team, In House Designer and Executive Chef to design a menu giving priority to sustainable ingredients.
In addition to our standard CSR procedures, for the event specifically we:
• Used locally sourced food including all British meats.
• Executed daily collections of all food waste, glass, cardboard, tin, paper and plastic for recycling, using the services of 'Anyware Hire'.
• Used recycled cardboard bars and English sparkling wine.
• Used London based students for staffing who usec public transport for travel. To transport late shift staff after public transport closed, we used 'Climate Cars', a firm who by carbon offsetting and electric/petrol hybrid Primus cars are totally carbon neutral.
• Limited our food miles through careful delivery strategies by our Warehouse Manager and operations team.
• Used creat
e owned stock of china, cutlery and glassware to ensure only one delivery for all requirements and equipment.
• Used tap water as standard throughout for client and crew.
• Recycled linen day on day where possible.
• Used Fair Trade tea, coffee and sugar as standard and organic milk was used throughout.